The “Medical center for digestive endoscopy”, integrated in this medical office, employes endoscopical techniques to explore diseases of the digestive system. These techniques use the latest medical know how and permit the complete approach to gastric, intestinal, hepatic, biliary and pancreatic problems. Therapeutical interventions are also possible.
Endoscopies are performed most often in short time general anesthesia, but on demand by the patient an examination without any premedication can as well be possible.
In detail, the center offers the following methods:
- Gastroscopy: examiation of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum.
- Double- Balloon-Enteroscopy: examination of the entire small intestin.
- Colonoscopy: examination of the colon.
- Anuscopy: examination of the anorectal region.
- Endosonographie: examination of the gastrointestinal wall and the neighboring organes (Liver, Pancreas, Gallbladder and Bile ducts).
Besides endoscopic techniques, the center uses ultrasound, fluoroscopic and x ray techniquesas well as 24 hours pH- Metry (measurement of gastric and esophageal acidity) to refine diagnostic researches.
Which disease demande which diagnostic procedure? for details, see the descriptions on page “What is Gastroenterology?”